Friday 22 April 2011

The Day Before "The Day"

Race day can be very stressful, not always negative stress, but stress all the same. For me this normally starts the day before, yet today I don't feel any different. I have a calm that is unusual. I don't know if this is the calm before the storm or a new beginning to race jitters. I will know more as it closer and closer to the race.

Today is race day prep. Going to the track and warming up, doing some race pace intervals with lots of rest and than home for the last stretch of recovery before tomorrow. Had I put this much preparation into my exams in university I would have made the Dean's list. Imagine the day before a test I went into to library and did some mock questions and than home to relax and reflect before the test the following day. Who knew I had the tools to excel at school. Too little too late? Perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. "Had I put this much preparation into my exams"
    Best quote of the year, good luck in the race Geoff!

    ReplyDelete