Tuesday 26 April 2011

Leaving for Philly Soon! and straight razors

I am heading to Penn Relays in 2 days! I am feeling ready for a trip. We have been here in the same house now for three weeks. I am going to be flying back right up to Flagstaff, which is bitter sweet. The drive up to Flagstaff is a beautiful and familiar one, but it is also 2 hours+. So flying won't be so bad.

Penn Relays is the bee's knees. All the athletes are on the turf in the middle of the track, and races are going all the time. The crowds are massive and the stadium is such that you feel like they are on top of you. They get anywhere from 30 to 40 thousand people. It's a rush to run in front of that many people! So I am starting to get amped for that.

I was at a mall last night and there is a place to get an old fashioned shave with a straight razor. I am considering a little pampering and having it done. It scares the sh*t out of me though... Your letting someone play, essential with a sharp knife on your face. What if his wife left him the night before, what if his dog died. I wouldn't want someone with a knife in either of those states playing anywhere near my throat. Is it appropriate to ask? "Hey, how was your night last night? You feeling okay?" I think that might be a bit odd. Than again if he said "My wife divorced me, thanks for asking". I'd be outta there p-r-e-t-t-y quick.
I'm still on the fence about it. Sweeney Todd, has really made this hard on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment